Text the word ‘lesson’ followed by ‘Liz’ or ‘Frank’ if you wish, to 07522275599 and we will get back to you.
Tel: 01698 383492
We believe in delivering quality tuition.
Fees; as from1st June 2017
- One hour lessons £28
- 75 minutes lesson £34
- 90 minute lessons £42
- 120 minute lessons £56
- Refresher courses
- Pass plus courses £180
- Motorway lessons £38
- Our block booking price are £135 for five hours of tuition,
- Our block booking price are £270 for ten hours of tuition.
- We also do GIFT VOUCHERS
Remember quality tuition is money well spent!
Terms and conditions -boring, but necessary.
- What you can expext from us, and what we expect from you.
- You can terminate your lessons at any point in time. Think of it as a rolling contract.
- When you book a lesson or enter our vehicle you are agreeing to the terms and condition set out below.
What you can expect from us;
- Up to date Enhanced Disclosure
- Fully qualified government approved driving instructor (ADI)
- Fully insured car for the purpose of driving lessons and for a driving test.
- Dual controlled cars for your safety.
- Clients MUST personally ensure that they are the holders of a valid current category B UK driving licence.
- The licence MUST be produced at the first lesson, and may be regularly checked by their driving instructor. The picture on photo card licences expire after ten years, your photo card licence must be up to date.
- Clients MUST inform their driving instructor if they receive any endorsements on their licence during the time they are receiving tuition. Including any short period disqualifications (SPD).
- Client MUST NOT be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Clients MUST inform their driving instructor of any special needs or medical conditions they have that might affect their ability to drive.
This includes your eye sight;
- You are responsible to be able to read a number plate at the prescribed distance for driving in the UK. You MUST inform us if there are any changes to your eyesight..
- The legal minimum distance to read a number plate in the UK is 20.5m in daylight.
We need a minimum of 24 hours for a cancellation if there is to be no fee charged.
- 24 hours —- No Fee
- 12 Hours —- £10
- Same day cancellation— £15
- Pupils with block bookings will lose one lesson.
- If we arrive at the agreed pick up point you will be asked for the full cost of the lesson.
3. Block Bookings…
(a) Date of commencement;
- There are conditions attached to block bookings, due to the discount you will receive from the normal hourly rate.
- These conditions are agreed and laid down by the Driving Instructors Scottish Council (D.I.S.C.) www.d-i-s-c.org.uk
- Your discount is allowed on the understanding that the total number lessons are taken.
- Lessons booked are charged to your account at the full current hourly rate.
- In the event that you are unable to complete the block, your instructor (A.D.I.) may at his/her discretion agree to refund some of the money you have pre-paid.
- The amount of refund will take into account the amount of lessons taken, plus any cancellations, plus a 10% handling charge.
- The value of lessons taken will be calculated at the current full hourly rate.
- Unless by prior agreement, blocks will normally have to commence within two months from purchase, otherwise the value of the lessons will be forfeited, and no refund will be given. In addition to commencement of block booking start date, the block must be completed within four months of first lesson.
(b) As a gift….
Purchasing for someone else as a gift…..
If you have purchased a block of lessons for someone else, do inform them of the conditions.
The block booking is for the sole purpose of the pupil, they are NOT transferable, nor for sale to a third party.
Any unwanted gifts must be returned within two months of purchase to obtain a refund. You must return the voucher (if applicable). Payments will be made by cheque to you.
A 10% handling charge will be deducted on all refunds.
We use recording equipement in our cars. This will help keep a record in the event of an accident.
The cameras record the road in front of you. The camera does not record the conversation in the car. If you would like a recording for your own use then bring along a Micro SD card
5. Booking a Driving Test.
- A seperate charge is made for the use of our car for a driving test.
- The client agrees to pay the cost of any penalty notices, uninsured damage to the vehicle and any other non recoverable costs incurred during a driving test.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you can read a vehicle number plate at the prescribed distance. If you wear glasses or contact lenses, that is fine. However, you MUST wear them when driving. You MUST be able to do the above, or the test will be cancelled with loss of fee.
- You MUST produce a valid driving licence on first lesson.
- Tests can only be applied for and taken in our car, if I agree that satisfactory progress has been made, and you are at ‘test standard’, or will be at ‘test standard’ when the test is taken. You must keep taking regular lessons leading up to test. These conditions are intended to save the client expense, unnecessary failure, and the consequent delay in waiting for another test and obtaining a full licence.
- We reserve the right to cancel lessons as you do also, or withdraw our car for use on a driving test.
- We the school/instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the training vehicle for the test or a lesson, if in the opinion of the instructor the client is:
i) Not at driving test pass standard.
ii) Medically unfit (including eyesight).
iii) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
iv) Is not properly licensed to drive.
v) Consistently fails to keep, or is late for appointments.
vi) Falls into arrears over payment.
vii) If, for any other reason, the instructor considers the client will be unsafe to handle a motor vehicle.
- It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure the test is booked in with us and the DVSA. Don’t worry we will guide you on this matter.
- We have no responsibilty if a test is cancelled by the DVSA. or if a pupil fails the eye sight test.
- We will be responsible and reinburse you if the test is cancelled due to the condition of our vehicle. We will pay for your next test.
- AFTER BOOKING A TEST, IF YOU STOP TAKING REGULAR LESSONS WE WILL ASSUME YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TEST IN OUR CAR; WE WILL ALLOCATE THE CAR TO SOMEONE ELSE.
These terms and conditions were revised on 24th of August 2016
It is hoped that a client will not have cause for complaint, but in the unlikely event of a complaint you should first try to resolve the issue with your instructor. If an agreement cannot be reached then you can take your complaint to;
The ADI registrar, DVSA, Stanley House, 56 Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GU. Tel: 0115 901 2500